From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo dev announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Re: Git workflow GLEP (Was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items, council meeting 8/October/2017 18:00 UTC)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:45:58
1 On 09/28/2017 10:17 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>>> If so (c) is there
3 >>>> a benefit in using a full URI for Bug; or should this be reduced to only
4 >>>> the number,
5 >>> Only full URIs are acceptable. Numbers are ambiguous. The repository
6 >>> and commits within it are mirrored to various sources, can be included
7 >>> in external repositories and so on. We don't want to start closing
8 >>> accidental bugs all over the place just because someone cherry-picked
9 >>> a commit without escaping all references Gentoo developers left.
10 >>>
11 >> Which could also be seen as an argument for Gentoo-Bug: XXXXXX
12 >>
13 > And then Gentoo-Closes, Debian-Closes, Fancybuntu-Closes, My-Fun-
14 > Upstream-Tracker-Bug...
15
16 Not really, Closes is already used for multiple providers of
17 infrastructure such as Bitbucket and GitHub, so here URI is anyways
18 needed and isn't specific to Gentoo. Debian bug wouldn't be closed by us
19 to begin with, but it'd fit into a generic Reference: tag if we pulled a
20 patch from it or it discusses it somehow. Ditto for upstream, that goes
21 in Reference as well
24 Kristian Fiskerstrand
25 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
26 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3