From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Looking for ways the Foundation can accomplish its mission.
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 17:51:53
1 On 9/6/18 5:22 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > I do agree with K_F in that targeting existing confrences would be nice.
3 > I think the two we'd have the most luck in would be fosdem scale.
4
5 The one that first springs to mind to me is CCC. I was visiting that one
6 in 2015 and all Gentoo had was a very hidden table without banner or
7 people manning it for others to visit, it basically was just a meeting
8 point for people associated with the project already. this could
9 probably be a good place to increase exposure in germany and people
10 going there doesn't really overlap with FOSDEM.
11
12 For US we've seen very different culture historically, not sure which
13 conferences would we worthwhile targetting for Gentoo there, but my
14 impression is that it is much more corporate based space, so that likely
15 requires other methods of attracting new devs and interested parties.
18 Kristian Fiskerstrand
19 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
20 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3