From: Rich Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 14:46:59
1 On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > Alternatively, it empowers any dev to help stop this behaviour, rather
3 > than just the moderators. Sort of the same way bullying needs to be
4 > dealt with -- if the whole community takes responsibility for treating
5 > it as unacceptable, and calls on it right away, then things are a lot
6 > more effective than relegating to a relatively small set of
7 > authorities (although of course, there will always be a need for those
8 > authorities too).
9
10 By all means try it out, but I suspect that such a system will
11 generally just preserve the status quo. Maybe that is fine, but I
12 doubt that counting on everybody to send 100 off-list emails to the
13 offender every time somebody gets out of line seems unlikely to work.
14
15 Rich