From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:14:48
1 On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:37:09 -0400
4 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Don't take rankings too personally. The algorithm has to stick
6 >> something at the top, and something at the bottom, and it isn't like
7 >> we have tons of dead wood on the ballot.
8 >
9 > The more interesting issue is the number of times some people were
10 > ranked below _ron, though. There are people serving on the Council who,
11 > for some developers, are less preferable than rerunning the entire
12 > election with new candidates.
15 Whatever. Votes are preferences. I'd just as soon that people be
16 honest with them. I sometimes vote for people below reopen and I'm
17 not going to be bothered if some place me below it. You can never
18 elect a body that matches everybody's preferences, and I'd like to
19 think that people would tend to vote for council members that will
20 strive to at least try to represent everybody regardless of whether
21 they disagree.
22
23 For my part, if somebody thinks I'm about to do something stupid,
24 you're always welcome to let me know. I try to post my feelings on
25 any controversial issue on -project before any meeting to give people
26 the opportunity to do just that. I can't promise that I'll agree, but
27 I will listen with the assumption that devs in general are fairly
28 smart people. Usually I try to favor compromises that at least
29 provide some way for everybody to get what they want, since that is
30 the "Gentoo Way(TM)."
31
32 Rich