From: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: tamiko@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Matthias Maier (tamiko)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:12:12
1 Welcome aboard, Mathias! Great to see you join the team after all this time.
2
3 Cheers,
4
5 Seemant
9 *--seemantk Empathic Design*
10 Data Visualization | Tech. Team Turnarounds | Customer Experience
11 http://seemantk.com
14 On 13 October 2014 07:18, Justin (jlec) <jlec@g.o> wrote:
15
16 > Hi everyone,
17 >
18 > the recruiting season started over again and our newest addition is
19 > Matthias
20 > Maier (tamiko).
21 >
22 > He has been contributing to science and is maintaining some packages in
23 > the tree
24 > proxied by our proxy-maintainer team. It is now time for him to take over
25 > the
26 > responsibility himself.
27 >
28 > Beside the things he already maintains, he will help the science team to
29 > look
30 > after the numerical package. But feel free to convince him to join your
31 > project too.
32 >
33 > Some lines he wrote about himself:
34 >
35 > I'm one of the developers of the deal.II library (http://www.dealii.org).
36 > Furthermore I have contributed to a number of open source projects
37 > (including Debian and Gentoo) with community support (IRC, Forums), bug
38 > reports and code contributions.
39 >
40 > I'm a PHD student in Mathematics working in the field of Numerical
41 > Software. In my free time I enjoy playing Go, Soccer and Photography.
42 >
43 > I'm using Gentoo since 2006. After becoming more and more active with
44 > contributions to the science overlay and gentoo prefix fixes I think it
45 > is finally time to do a step forward and become a Gentoo developer.
48 > So please join me in giving him a warm welcome!
49 >
50 > Justin