From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for candidates for Gentoo Council 2013/2014
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:28:43
1 On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 23:14:05 +0200
2 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > 2013-07-01 22:35 Ciaran McCreesh napisał(a):
4 > > So the whole thread is merely an attempt at bypassing the usual
5 > > PMS / EAPI process
6 >
7 > The purpose of this thread is to help each voter in voting by
8 > allowing to observe which candidates have point of view similar to
9 > point of view of this voter.
10
11 That's a pretty dangerous purpose, since most of the issues you asked
12 about aren't simple enough for a "point of view" to tell you anything.
13 One of the interesting things about this problem domain is that often
14 there are right answers and wrong answers, and people's opinions don't
15 change whether or not something is impossible. I would be vary wary of
16 decisions made based upon "that sounds like a good idea from a one line
17 summary that didn't include references to the actual proposal and any
18 associated discussion"...
19
20 Or perhaps you were hoping candidates would reply "I'll defer becoming
21 involved in these issues until we receive the detailed proposals that
22 are usually provided to the Council when it comes to discussing EAPI
23 issues"? If so, it was a bit disingenuous to provide such a long list
24 of questions.
27 Ciaran McCreesh