From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 02:02:29
1 On Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:48:54 AM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 >
3 > The main point of this thread was to attempt to create this web of
4 > trust by forcing new users be signed.
5 >
6 > But the overall objective is not to deter contributors, but to improve
7 > the WoT by realistic means.
8
9 I am all for WoT and GPG signing, as I first did this via Gentoo at LWE and is
10 good for others. I need to see about doing it more at my LUG and so should
11 others with anyone they can, Gentoo or not.
12
13 Just not sure about forcing people to sign, but optionally is good.
16 William L. Thomson Jr.