From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 05:32:48
1 >>>>> On Mon, 02 Apr 2018, Matthias Maier wrote:
2
3 > 6. The council was requested to provide their input on updating the "Gentoo
4 > Social Contract" [5]. Specifically, it was suggested to update the
5 > preamble to:
6
7 > [...]
8
9 I had posted an alternative suggestion, which presumably was lost in
10 the noise in gentoo-project:
11 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/9ccbc0e981ad4213ac7ad6edd73ab6cd
12
13 Basically, two changes (which could be voted on together or
14 separately):
15
16 a. Change "gentoo-dev" to "gentoo-project".
17
18 b. Remove the third sentence from the preamble, which I believe to be
19 redundant. Namely: "It is generally very similar to it except that
20 certain parts have been clarified and augmented while other parts
21 deemed redundant have been removed."
22
23 With both changes applied, the preamble would read:
24
25 | This social contract is intended to clearly describe the overall
26 | development policies and standards of the Gentoo project development
27 | team. Parts of this document have been derived from the Debian
28 | Social Contract. Comments are welcome. Please send them to our
29 | gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list.
30
31 Ulrich
34 > [5] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/7dc299781f08ccc6f7b5dca08b4acb06