From: desultory <desultory@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 04:56:45
1 On 02/03/19 07:23, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia February 3, 2019 11:44:19 AM UTC, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> napisał(a):
3 >> Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 05:22:09 CET schrieb desultory:
4 >>>
5 >>> ComRel, as I have previously mentioned, engages in some extremely
6 >>> questionable practices, though (again) to their credit at least they
7 >>> admit it.
8 >>
9 >> And parts of forums should rather go away sooner than later, given how
10 >> even
11 >> moderators take part in highly questionable threads. That mess also
12 >> reflects
13 >> on Gentoo as a whole.
14 >
15 > Given how separatist Forums tend to be, and how heavy they are on infra hardware (not to mention poor security record), maybe the best way forward would be to stop running official forums, and let forums team maintain their private universe of their own pockets.
16 >
17 So suggesting that others should fulfill their roles before attempting
18 to subsume other's roles is now "separatist" instead of "sensible"? And
19 effectively threatening entire projects and *users* seeking support is
20 acceptable for members of Infra? Also, this "poor security record" you
21 nebulously allude to is curiously free of incidents.
22
23 I once again ask you to abide by the CoC on the lists, as that post
24 appears to treat the "Unacceptable behavior" list as a a todo list while
25 effectively ignoring its opposite number. [CoC]
28 > --
29 > Best regards,
30 > Michał Górny
34 [CoC] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct