From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: your achievements
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 07:06:38
1 On Sat, 2019-06-22 at 08:44 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > > > > > > On Fri, 21 Jun 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > I'd like to ask all nominees a very simple open question: what have
4 > > you done to improve Gentoo in the last year? Please focus on
5 > > noticeable achievements and successes, rather than general things
6 > > like 'I've copied few hundred ebuilds to newer versions'.
7 >
8 > Don't play down the value of ebuild development. It is important
9 > progress, even (and especially!) if it is proceeding smoothly, so that
10 > it won't be much noticed.
13 I'm not. I'm playing down the value of bumping packages via dumbly
14 copying ebuild files and not bothering to verify if anything changed
15 in the distfile.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny