From: "Manuel Rüger" <mrueg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-07-29
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:47:15
1 On 14.07.2018 19:33, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 06:21:52PM +0200, Manuel Rüger wrote:
3 >> As the council represents the Gentoo Developer community, the council
4 >> members should behave as role models for this community.
5 >>
6 >> I would like each council member to explicitly state their agreement to
7 >> our Code of Conduct.
8 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct
9 >
10 > I'm not sure this is an agenda item since there is really nothing
11 > for us to do for it in a meeting; however, I will share my thoughts.
12 >
13 > Of course, I agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
14 >
15 > However,because of the following passage in the code of conduct, we all
16 > automatically agree to follow it.
17 >
18 > | By joining and/or participating in the Gentoo community, you are stating
19 > | that you accept and agree to adhere to the rules listed below, even if
20 > | you do not explicitly state so.
21 >
22 > William
25 In my opinion there is still a difference between implicit and explicit
26 agreement to a CoC, as explicit agreeement makes knowledge about the CoC
27 undeniable.
28
29 For full transparency: In a future council meeting, I'm planning to
30 suggest expanding this explicit agreement on further groups and
31 projects, that are eventually controlled by the Council and whose
32 members are supposed to act as role models (e.g., comrel, recruiters and
33 QA).
34
35 Thanks,
36 Manuel