From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 11:56:42
1 On 10/31/2017 10:40 PM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 1:50 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 12:17 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> TL;DR: if nobody comes up with a good solution and implements it, we'll
6 >>> be discontinuing support for GitHub as contribution platform for Gentoo
7 >>> and automatically closing all PRs except for those meant for proxy-
8 >>> maint.
9 >
10 > So does this mean we go back to patches being filed on bugzilla?
11
12 Yep, and for good reason.
13
14 200 open PRs is just way too many, and having them bitrot on GitHub is
15 doing a great disservice to everyone. If these were filed as bugs
16 instead, they would definitely all be landed by now. Really! I promise.
17 After all, there's definitely no bitrotting of any kind going on on bugzie.