From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 00:08:18
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>> No, I'm saying that you have no idea what led to these concerns. It
5 >>> might or might not have something to do with something he posted
6 >>> (which to me implies something written on an online public forum).
7 >> And I thought I said that in my first reply. When I say it seems, it
8 >> means that that is what it looks like. Since you likely have no more
9 >> info on this than I do, you don't know that either, right? Maybe this
10 >> will help:
11 > If I did I probably wouldn't comment on the matter, and the
12 > conversation would be even more one-sided.
13 >
14 >>> How do you know what William was or was not advised of?
15 >> Because of his posts, it would seem he was not. Otherwise, why would he
16 >> keep asking what it is he is appealing?
17 > You would have to ask him.
18
19 I'm not sure it is needed. He has posted that he doesn't know what he
20 would be appealing. Or is it like the other replies where everything
21 has to go through a lawyer and be written in a way that there is
22 absolutely no doubt before one can just read what he posted and figure
23 it out? If he knows, why would he be asking?
27 > If he doesn't think Comrel is doing something, why is he posting here
28 > in the first place? If he does thing Comrel is doing something, why
29 > not just appeal it?
30
31 Based on what I have seen in the past few days, in this thread and in
32 links posted in this thread, I'd say it is because he isn't getting
34 appealing. It would also seem that the people that he is working with
35 to become a developer again don't know either. If I was a recruiter, I
36 wouldn't spend time working with someone who is banned from ever
37 rejoining Gentoo. It's not like Gentoo has a overabundance of people
38 with to much time on their hands or anything. If I were banned from
39 Gentoo, I wouldn't waste my time trying to rejoin either. Odds are, I
40 also would rejoin even if asked. I'd spend my time elsewhere doing
41 something else.
42
43 >> Which is why he should take this to the council. I'm not sure that
44 >> appeal is the right term for it but I guess it would be a start at
45 >> least. ;-)
46 >>
47 > Anybody can ask the Council to take up anything. I can't promise the
48 > Council actually will, but there is a reason we send out those monthly
49 > emails calling for agenda items. You don't need to request an appeal
50 > in public, you just need to ask for one. At worst we'll try to be
51 > helpful and tell you want to do before appealing if we don't think the
52 > matter is ripe for an appeal. Believe it or not we're not actually
53 > out to get people.
54 >
55 > For whatever reason the Comrel decisions are documented in a public
56 > bug in this case.
59 So, it is publicly stated that William can't return to Gentoo on a bug?
60 I don't recall seeing that linked to in this thread. Based on William's
61 posts, I'm not sure he is aware of it either.
62
63 Dale
64