From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:47:33
1 On 07/25/2013 09:30 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El jue, 25-07-2013 a las 21:16 +0200, hasufell escribió:
3 > [...]
4 >> It's mainly about consistency with our social contract and will make
5 >> people aware that gentoo by default blocks non-free software, because
6 >> every user who wants more than that, will have to edit make.conf.
7 >
8 > But do we really give the impression "Gentoo *blocks* non-free
9 > software"
10
11 No, that is just wrong. People who are not able to read the gentoo
12 handbook will fail to install and use it. Thas has always been a fact.
13
14 Those who read the handbook will also come across the license section,
15 which explains the situation.