From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 01:04:47
1 On 10/13/2016 07:53 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 7:44 PM, NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
3 >> The proposal does not make all members Gentoo staff.
4 >
5 > Then, IMO, it isn't an improvement. Certainly my intent was for it to
6 > make all Foundation members Gentoo staff.
7 >
8 > I think that all Foundation members should be staff, and all staff
9 > should be Foundation members. If somebody isn't qualified to be in
10 > one, they shouldn't be in the other. If somebody doesn't want to be
11 > in one, they shouldn't be in the other.
12 >
13 > I'm not suggesting that there should be some kind of onerous
14 > requirement to be staff.
15 >
16 > I think one of the biggest problems that you need to solve if you want
17 > to try to reform the meta-structure is that we have multiple
18 > constituencies right now. My goal would be to fix that. If somebody
19 > isn't active enough to be considered staff, then they shouldn't be
20 > voting on the governance of the distro. If they're going to be voting
21 > on governance, then they should be well-versed in how things work.
24 It was my intention that all foundation members be staff as well, I'll
25 amend it and re-reply as a new base sub-thread.
28 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)