From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 12:29:45
1 On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 07:00:27 +0100 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-02-14, o godz. 20:15:19
3 > Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > What we are doing now is nice and works well I think. We have the
6 > > portage mirror on github, accepting pull requests. We even have a way
7 >
8 > Please don't name the *Gentoo repository* portage. It's just wrong,
9 > then users do that, then everyone is confused!
10
11 That's historical. As well as gentoo-x86. One can't change the
12 history — well, some actually can, but one may read Orwell's 1984
13 to see consequences — so, please, don't, just let it be.
14
15 Best regards,
16 Andrew Savchenko