From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo Council Election Results for term 2019/2020
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 13:08:39
1 On Wed, 2019-07-10 at 23:02 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2019-07-07 at 16:56 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > The master ballot file is attached to this e-mail. Please use the ID
4 > > that will be sent to you in the confirmation email to verify that your
5 > > vote was included in the master ballot file. If you don't get your
6 > > ID or you can't find your vote inside the ballot file, please contact the
7 > > election officials (elections@g.o or #gentoo-elections on freenode).
10 > Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but I'd like to try to
11 > encourage developers to not only implicitly verify their votes but also
12 > participate in the explicit verification process via app-misc/votrify.
13 >
14 > First of all, please note that this tool does not invade your privacy.
15 > The resulted confirmations do not contain your votes, or even indicate
16 > whether you voted at all. They only say 'yes, I did verify the vote
17 > and got the following result...'.
18 >
19 > Secondly, devs who did not vote (but were eligible) also count towards
20 > improving the reliability of vote. So even if you hadn't voted, please
21 > consider participating.
22 >
23 > If you're interested in some background, you can read my today's blog
24 > post [1]. If you want to help, here are almost-copy-paste instructions.
25 > Start by installing votrify; it will also pull election data in:
26 >
27 > emerge -nv app-misc/votrify
30 Thanks to all the (3) people who have participated so far. To encourage
31 even more of you to help out, I've just released v2 that's even simpler
32 to use.
33
34 After emerging it, just run:
35
36 votrify-council-201906-make
37
38 and answer the nice colorful questions.
39
40 If you voted, the process is roughly: enter, enter, confirmation-
41 id+enter, enter, enter. If you just bash enter until it insists you
42 type confirmation-id in, it will also work.
43
44 If you did not vote, the process is roughly: n+enter, enter, enter. In
45 other words, 'n', then bash enter.
46
47 I would also like you to remind you to use OpenPGP key that is present
48 in LDAP so others can easily fetch it and verify the confirmation.
51 Best regards,
52 Michał Górny