From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 13:58:41
2 > So first a preface: I would prefer we accept a name until we have some
3 > reasonable suspicion that it is wrong.
4 > If someone submitted as "boaty mcboatface" it might immediately raise such
5 > a suspicion; but a contributor who contributed as "John Doe" might not. Its
6 > very subjective, yes, and we don't offer better guidelines.
9 This.
10
11 > If you want to make some kind of point that "having an
12 > opinion heard means we change the policy to suit that opinion" then I think
13 > we just disagree on that point. Don't make it out like we made the decision
14 > without thinking of anonymous / pseudonymous contributors; numerous
15 > discussions were had about them and we could not find a way to include them
16 > in the policy.
17 >
18 > That doesn't mean we didn't hear their thoughts and objections though.
19
20 And this.
23 Andreas K. Hüttel
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 Gentoo Linux developer
26 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)