From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Patrice Clement (monsieurp)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:41:36
1 On 07/20/14 12:30, justin wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > let me introduce Patrice Clement (monsieurp) form the sunny Nice in
5 > France as the latest team member.
6 >
7 > He work in a GSOC project back in 2009 where he ported portage to
8 > NetBSD/x86. Recently he also contributed to libav. Beside this, he is
9 > also skilled in java and scala. So perhaps these are areas where we will
10 > see his contributions.
13 > Here are some lines he wrote about himself:
14 >
15 > I have lived 2 years in the UK and 2 years in Austria. I recently moved
16 > back to Southern France to my parents' flat in Marseille in order to
17 > look for a job either in Marseille or Paris or abroad. I would like to
18 > move to Spain since I want to learn to speak Spanish fluently.
19 >
20 > I've got one brother who lives in Paris, which is where I am located as
21 > I am writting this email.
22 >
23 > In my spare time, I like learning foreign languages (I speak English, a
24 > bit of Spanish, and German, and obviously French) so I try reading
25 > whatever book I get my hands on in the different languages that I know
26 > (I'm reading 1984 in German at the moment). I love traveling, connecting
27 > with people from different countries and finding out about their culture
28 > (oddly, I have forged more links with people located abroad than with
29 > actual friends in my city/country :))
30 >
31 > I'm fond of sport: I go running at least 3 times a week, play
32 > indoor/outdoor soccer and bike (I used to bike to work whilst I was in
33 > Austria).
36 > So please join me in giving him a warm welcome,
37 >
38 > Justin
42 Welcome Patrice. I tried porting to OpenBSD with maksbotan but didn't
43 have the time. If your interested, join us on #gentoo-openbsd. We can
44 resurrect that interest.
47 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
48 Chair of Information Technology
49 D'Youville College