From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 19:23:06
1 Dnia 2015-09-30, o godz. 21:10:17
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >
6 > > 2. We deprecate <herd/> in metadata.xml and assign herds/teams/projects
7 > > via e-mail addresses. This keeps partial backwards compatibility with
8 > > existing tools and solves the bug assignment issue.
9 >
10 > I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but seems that you have
11 > missed it. IMHO matching projects via their e-mail address is not a
12 > good idea, because some projects have an address <project>-bugs@g.o or
13 > dev-<project>@g.o which makes guessing the project's name (and finding
14 > the project page) more difficult. Therefore, projects should be
15 > matched by their proper name.
16
17 And why would you need to guess that? Wiki project names are already
18 disjoint from herds.xml <name/>s, so I don't see a problem with that.
19
20 > > 2a. If someone really cares about this, we add an extra attribute or
21 > > element which indicates the 'kind' of <maintainer/>. Otherwise, we just
22 > > match herds.xml by e-mail address.
23 >
24 > Why don't we follow the KISS principle and replace <herd> by <project>
25 > in metadata.xml? That is, create a project for every herd.
26
27 Because this:
28
29 1. breaks backwards compatibility,
30
31 2. doesn't change anything but the name which is the most meaningless,
32 waste-of-time change you could have proposed. if you do this, please
33 count me out.
34
35 > Personally, I find this:
36 >