From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-project] Reply to setting Was: Improving developer/user communication]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:13:32
Robert Buchholz wrote:
> On Saturday, 21. July 2007 02:37, Dale wrote: > >> Is it just me or is the reply to function not working on this list >> yet? When I hit reply to, it appears that it is not going to the >> list but to the person that sent the message I am replying too. >> >> Oh, I did this as a forward since asking just George may not do any >> good. Sorry if this messes up the headers or something. >> > > This list does not have "reply to munging" enabled, meaning the Reply-To > will not be set to the list address for you. > > On some reasons why that often is a good idea, read the > article "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" [1]. > > Please use the "Reply to all" or "Reply to list" features of your > mailer, they all have either of those if not both. Please do not use > forwarding. > > Also, you could write some procmail rule (if applicable) to reset the > Reply-To for your incoming mail, see [2] for details. > > -R. > > > [1] > [2] > >
Well, I use Seamonkey for my email. The thing I don't like about the reply all is that now you get two copies of this email. I figured that because I got two of yours. I do not see a reply to list function so can you assist me in finding that or does it not exist in Seamonkey. Also, did they not set this up the same way as the other lists? When I hit reply in gentoo-user it works fine as far as going to the list itself. I was just thinking that maybe someone missed a step when the mailing list was set up. Any help would be appreciated. Dale :-) :-)