From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Shutting down the Off the Wall (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items ...)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 22:23:24
1 On Sat, 2020-12-12 at 14:42 +0000, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > Now we have a council member appealing directly to council again ...
3 > that sends the message to the community, yet again, that the
4 > processes that council are supposed to enforce don't apply to
5 > council
6 > members.
7 > Will the damage from that message ever be undone?
8
9 Is this really a message sent 'by the event', or a deliberate FUD
10 spread by people who don't like the message? Because when people start
11 disputing the process and not the actual arguments, the message I get
12 is 'they are right and we can't argue with that, so let's try to sweep
13 it under the rug'. Then we get walls of meaningless text, arguments
14 about the process, conflicts of interest, etc.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny