From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fwd: -dev list moderation
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 22:31:12
1 On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > I think there is definitely scope for a "UserRel" type team
4
5 There used to be one in the past - it was merged with DevRel into
6 ComRel. ComRel deals with the social aspects of community members
7 working together/etc.
8
9 If this is more about getting contributions into the tree, it seems
10 like this is already more-or-less the mission of the proxy maintainers
11 project. I'm not sure if we need a project just to point users to the
12 other projects. We of course have IRC channels and the -user list as
13 well, and forums/etc.
14
15 Maybe those who want to work more with new users making contributions
16 should consider joining the proxy-maint team? Obviously those with
17 commit access would be ideal, but non-committers could also help with
18 helping users get their contributions into good shape/etc and to
19 navigate the process?
22 Rich