From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 11:36:18
1 On 09/04/2018 18:56, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > On 18-04-09 10:23:53, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 >> Am Montag, 9. April 2018, 02:11:19 CEST schrieb zlg:
4 >>>> We request that the Gentoo Council and the Board of Trustees of the
5 >>>> Gentoo
6 >>>> Foundation affirm Gentoo's metastructure GLEP 39 as the governing
7 >>>> principle
8 >>>> of the Gentoo Linux developer community. In particular, both acknowledge
9 >>>> the split between
10 >>>>
11 >>>> - the Gentoo Council, which is responsible for the Gentoo Linux
12 >>>> developer
13 >>>>
14 >>>> community, its user base and all technical decisions,
15 >>>>
16 >>>> - and the Gentoo Foundation, whose role is to hold Gentoo's assets
17 >>>>
18 >>>> (such as trademarks and server infrastructure) and support the
19 >>>> developer
20 >>>> and user community.
21 >>
22 >> [snip]
23 >>> To the Council:
24 >>>
25 >>> What makes you accountable to this community? Why should we trust or
26 >>> respect you when you have nothing on the line except a title? What
27 >>> happens next if these affirmations are made? What's your angle, your
28 >>> real motivation?
31 >> This proposal describes precisely
32 >> * how I was taught "Gentoo works" for my quizzes sometime around 2010
33 > You could have been taught wrong
34
35 Well, I'm part of this community since pretty much the beginning, that
36 was the idea when the whole metastructure got created.
37
38 >> * how the cooperation and separation of responsibilities between council and
39 >> foundation worked for the years since then
40
41 > Just means it's been disfunctional for years
42
43 Since nobody complained about it, I tend to disagree...
44
45 lu