From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for public condemnation of Russian invasion in Ukraine
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:50:00
1 On 13 March 2022 01:13:05 UTC, Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o> wrote:
2
3 >Gentoo should avoid politics.
4
5 Let's play devil's advocate a bit, shall I?
9 CERN should avoid politics.
10
11 (Only exception is a statement like "Use open access")
12
13 The silence has good reasons:
14
15 a) We conduct open research and it is good not to restrict the usage.
16 People are even allowed to use CERN-produced research data to make better nuclear missiles. - even if we all would hate this.
17
18 >b) We have nobody who can speak for all scientists/technicians working for CERN projects.
19
20 We should find ways to ensure neutrality in the long term.
23 Marecki