From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2021-07-11 - call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 19:32:17
1 On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 1:42 PM Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, it is a formality that takes a minute to vote on. Then, if someone
4 > should be an asshole and keep committing things that are deprecated it
5 > can be enforced by the QA team or other developers.
8 ++ - I think the goal here isn't to make people doing security bumps
9 jump through hoops. It is more to empower QA to actually do something
10 when somebody introduces a new EAPI 6 package to the repo when there
11 are only 5 left, and not have to listen to "well, it is only
12 deprecated, so..." Obviously this is a long process but we get to the
13 end by making steady progress...
16 Rich