From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-08-09
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 10:52:34
1 On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 5:07 PM, James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Sorry for the lateness of this but monsieurp and I would like to have a
4 > discussion on the state of Java. This is perhaps less technical than
5 > the average council meeting discussion but we feel that this precarious
6 > situation threatens Gentoo as a whole and needs to at least be
7 > acknowledged, if not addressed.
10 I see you're on the Java project and per your project page [1] you're
11 currently suffering from a lack of manpower.
12
13 What else do you need to see acknowledged? What proposal do you have
14 for addressing these problems that requires council approval?
15
16 If the java project is saying that Gentoo has some problem with java
17 and they want the council to echo this, I'm sure the council will go
18 along with it, but I also doubt that on its own doing so will change
19 much. On the other hand, if there is some kind of conflict within
20 Gentoo that is blocking progress that the java project is trying to
21 make, that is probably something we could step in and help fix.
22
23 I just want you to have the opportunity to generate
24 discussion/proposals/etc before the meeting so that you're not stuck
25 waiting another 4 weeks for the next meeting if nothing very
26 actionable comes out of it.
27
28 1 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Java
31 Rich