From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2012-06-12
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 00:02:50
1 On 29-05-2012 11:32:10 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 05/29/2012 10:09 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 >> > Please do not hestitate
4 >> > to repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
5 >> > suggested one (since the last meeting).
6 >> >
7 >> > The agenda for the next meeting will be sent out in a week by the
8 >> > meeting's chairman.
9 >> >
10 >> > Please respond to gentoo-project list, if possible.
11 >> >
12 >> >
13 >>
14 >> This one,
17 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_920c6d6daafe7702bfa3b8a2bc21e0c1.xml
18
19 > Can you indicate what the council has to vote on/decide for this one?
20
21 EAPI=5
22
23 optional: "$@" placement in default for src_configure()
24
25 econf "$@"
26
27 optional: "$@" placement in default for src_compile()
28
29 emake "$@"
30
31 this one is what I'm really after for:
32
33 default for src_install() in EAPI=5 should accept "$@" in correct place
34 to avoid usage of EXTRA_EMAKE within ebuilds/eclasses and to avoid
35 duplicating the Portage code for DOCS.
36 NOTE: When this was last voted on for EAPI=3, we didn't have this DOCS
37 handling, and this wasn't important yet.
38
39 emake DESTDIR="${D}" "$@" install
40
41 > In anticipation on the answer, you probably need to formalise what you
42 > want, so the PMS guys can be a bit more happy on what you really mean
43 > for all corner cases now, and in the future. That in turn allows
44 > council members to bless the feature for a future EAPI (or not).
45
46 I'm not good with documentation so this sounds too much of a curve,
47 sorry... Unfortunate if this boils down to it.
48
49 Thanks,
50 Fabian