From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] William Hubbs council manifesto 2018-2019
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 15:33:09
1 On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 07:48:08PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:34 PM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 02:23:02PM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
5 > > > On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 2:15 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > > On 17/06/18 19:07, Alec Warner wrote:
8 > > > >
9 > > > > I really don't think this is true. Its explicitly not true for me. I was a
10 > > > > trustee because there were open slots and someone had to 'keep the lights
11 > > > > on.'
12 > > > > Other people who ran for the board have expressed similar sentiments. I am
13 > > > > running again in the next election on a platform of dissolution (closing
14 > > > > the foundation) which is again contrary to your argument. There is no point
15 > > > > in continuing to run a non-profit that continues to nominally accrue risk
16 > > > > with little or no upside. Eventually it will become so toxic that you will
17 > > > > be unable to find anyone to run it (some may say this has already begun to
18 > > > > happen.) This is evident partially by the board's reduction in numbers.
19 > > > > Previously the board had 13 seats, then 7, then 5. I'm not superbly
20 > > > > confident we will be able to fill 5 seats in the next election.
21 > >
22 > > Rich, this argument makes no sense.
23 >
24 > I didn't write that. I suspect that somewhere along the way somebody
25 > messed up their quoting. That said, I largely agree with the point
26 > being made (I believe by Alec).
27 >
28 > (And to be fair, you did as well in your reply by not trimming the
29 > rest of the email below your last comment...) :)
30
31 Yes, I basically agree with Alec.
32
33 What I meant to say makes no sense was your commentary above, which got
34 deleted from this some how, about selection bias. That seems to be true
35 for any elected position -- you have people running for the position who
36 are interested in having the job. :-)
37
38 William