From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 20:06:14
1 On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I would like to suggest that re-appeals be allowed to council AFTER a
3 > significant period of time, say a year. People can change, and a decision
4 > made in the heat of a moment may well cease to lose necessity.
7 ++
8
9 I personally feel that any past Council decision can be changed by the
10 present Council. People and circumstances change.
11
12 If I and my colleagues make a dumb decision, there is no reason for
13 everybody else to be saddled with it 5 years from now. It isn't like
14 we're infallible; we do the best we can.
15
16 Sure, the Council should also use discretion in changing past
17 decisions so that we don't just waffle back and forth, but such
18 discretion is something people should be looking for when picking
19 their Council members...
22 Rich