From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:11:15
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 >> Let's say I propose an idea that 80% of the council likes but 80%
4 >> of developers want. This doesn't seem unreasonable since I was very
5 >> highly ranked in voting with a platform that involves totally
6 >> changing our leadership structure, and yet the council insists it
7 >> cannot change GLEP 39. I would be pretty pissed if most of Gentoo
8 >> wanted something but the "cabal" at the top didn't even let them
9 >> make the choice.
10 >
11 > I've read this paragraph twice, but I still fail to understand it.
12 > Why do you call it a "cabal" if there is a large majority both amongst
13 > council members and devs in general?
14 >
15 I think it's a typo-- the first line should read:
16 >> Let's say I propose an idea that 80% of the council _dislikes_ but 80%
17 >> of developers want.
18 --
19 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)