From: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Developers Galaxy Visualization
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:53:19
1 Dear All,
2
3 tl;dr: http://kulleen.org/gentoo/galaxy
4
5 I've finally reached v2.0_pre (aka, "slidey-timey-wimey") of the Gentoo
6 Galaxy Visualization. I've taken into account a number of issues:
7
8 - A slider to go across time very quickly
9 - The ability to go forwards or backwards arbitrarily through time
10 - The "year" labels are separately clickable from the streamgraph
11 display itself.
12 - Highlight a dev with the url parameter: ?dev=YOURNICK
13 - The timey-wimey streamgraph shows the specified developer's
14 activity during their tenure:
15 - The dark purple == commits
16 - The lighter purple == bugs
17 - The timey-wimey will automatically jump to the first appearance and
18 play the animation until the dev's last appearance in the timeline.
19 - The stop button pauses the animation. Toggling the stop button after
20 that will show toggle between:
21 - Full historical context of the current month (includes inactive and
22 retired developers)
23 - Only active people in the current month
24
25 As always, this is a work in progress. I'd love any and all feedback to
26 help improve this display. Before 2.0 final:
27
28 - More information (including legends and tooltips) about the
29 developer-specific streamgraph
30 - Bug fixes as they come up
31 - Feature requests (tweaky/adjusty ones)
32
33 I love seeing everyone's different shapes and patterns. I hope you enjoy
34 it too.
37 Cheers,
38
39 Seemant