From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 10:55:30
1 On 12/02/2016 10:43 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:02:18 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> I'm happy to revise it as needed in the
4 >> future, but ultimately if individuals appeal cases to the Council
5 > You really love this appeal to council concept. I maintain the position such
6 > should never be necessary and is a WASTE of everyone's time. I rather do work
7 > than waste time with such.
8 >
9 > I guess you haven't better things to do so rather waste your time handling
10 > appeals than making sure they never occur. Never seen someone advocate and
11 > talk about an appeal process so much.
12 >
13 >> It isn't like this happens very often.
14 > I do not believe there has ever been such disruption to Gentoo by any
15 > individual or group to have ever justified Comrel and the like.
16 >
17 >> I get that your position is that we simply shouldn't enforce a code of
18 >> conduct.
19 > My opinion is the CoC and enforcement has destroyed the Gentoo community and
20 > is slowly destroying the distro. To many fail to realize everything they hope
21 > to accomplish and protect via CoC is being ripped apart by the CoC and
22 > enforcement.
23 >
24 > Do work, stop this social nonsense really!!!
25 >
26 > Disban comrel, get rid of the CoC. Focus more on getting more people involved
27 > in Gentoo. Use novel technical concepts like Email and IRC filters to ingore
28 > people who bother you. This person A made me leave the mailing list or Gentoo.
29 > Really I guess you did not get much benefit from Gentoo. If you have true
30 > technical benefit you cannot leave and will deal with what ever for a FREE
31 > operating system that is pretty complex.
32 >
33 > Really, stop acting like this is a bunch of children that need chaperones to
34 > babysit and make sure everyone behaves and treats each other nicely. What ever
35 > happened to having thick skin in tech.
36 >
37 > Freaking emo generation, lift up your dresses, grab your balls and man up!!!
38 > No offense to LGBT.... PC nonsense....
39 If this isn't cause for violating the CoC I don't know what is...