From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2021-07-11 - call for agenda items
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 23:00:43
1 >>>>> On Wed, 07 Jul 2021, Robin H Johnson wrote:
2 >> Using the Gentoo uid as the key would imply that contributors other than
3 >> developers cannot be listed in the file. Is this a valid assumption?
4
5 > Accepted, I will say we can use email address instead, because that
6 > uniquely identifies both the Committer & Signed-Off by entries.
7
8 Typically one wouldn't put (only) an e-mail address in a copyright
9 notice, but the author's real name.
10
11 How about using the author's name plus (optional?) e-mail address as the
12 key? This would also stay close to what the file says for the current
13 single-line entries: "the entity's name and an optional e-mail address".
14
15 Ulrich