From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Updating gentoo.org/get-started/screenshots/
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 02:16:38
1 Hi,
2
3 > https://www.gentoo.org/get-started/screenshots/ these aren't very
4 > represantive in 2020. Can we update this page?
5
6 I do not know who is responsible for this page, but we can organize
7 screenshots via artwork project, if that helps.
8
9 > There are a couple of good examples in https://twitter.com/gentoo
10 >
11 > Ideally I'd like 1 picture of Gnome, 1 of KDE, 1 of Cinnamon/Mate/LXQt,
12 > 1 of any tiling WM. Just choose 4-8 the best ones to show how beatiful
13 > Gentoo can get.
14
15 Is there really difference between distributions?
16 I do not understand how the desktop will differ.
17
18 I think it would make sense to collect screenshots to explain how Mate
19 looks like, but Mate on Gentoo vs Mate on Arch...?
22 Best,
23 Jonas