From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 11:49:48
1 On 2/5/16 3:01 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > ---
3 >
4 > Out of the above list, I'd be willing to take over x11-wm/i3.
7 I have an idea that I'll pass by the council on the 14th. Basically,
8
9 1) we officially contact hasufell as the council
10
11 2) wait a week
12
13 3a) if he says he is coming back, then do nothing
14 3b) if he says he might come back or doesn't answer then maintainers can
15 adopt a package at will, making themselves first maintainer and hasufell
16 second. packages that are not adopted after some time can be moved to
17 maintainer needed
18 3c) if he says he won't come back ever, period, full stop, then, as sad
19 as it is, its open season
20
21 I don't know how much community discussion this needs, but that's what
22 I'm going to propose. As may be noted a few packages there are
23 important and we don't want them left unmaintained while at the same
24 time leaving the door open. Currently I'm baby sitting libressl and
25 mbedtls.
29 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
31 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
33 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA