From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo dev announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Git workflow GLEP (Was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items, council meeting 8/October/2017 18:00 UTC)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:07:02
1 On 09/27/2017 09:24 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > W dniu wto, 26.09.2017 o godzinie 20∶58 +0200, użytkownik Michał Górny
3 > napisał:
4 >> W dniu pon, 25.09.2017 o godzinie 17∶08 +0200, użytkownik Andreas K.
5 >> Huettel napisał:
6 >>> Dear all,
7 >>>
8 >>> the next council meeting will be 8/October/2017 18:00 UTC in the
9 >>> #gentoo-council channel on freenode.
10 >>>
11 >>> Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to discuss
12 >>> or vote on.
13 >>>
14 >>> The agenda will be sent out in a week.
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> So, in order:
20 > [...]
21 >
22 > 3. Also, if time permits we may take a look at the git pre-GLEP [3].
23
24 We can always look at it, but I don't necessarily believe it is ready
25 for a vote at this point, I seem to recall the last email discussion on
26 it ending without conclusion, so I'd suggest picking up on an email
27 thread discussing it and trying to separate out a few explicit
28 discussion points to have a better thread model.
29
30 Some questions that immediately springs to mind re-reading this is
31 (1) Is this an authoritative standard or a suggestion? if it is only a
32 suggestion does it belong in devmanual or git workflow on wiki rather
33 than in a GLEP to begin with? if it is authoritative, is it properly
34 well defined?
35
36 (2)(a) Should Bug be a generic indicator for bug information, including
37 upstream bugs, or; (b) do we want to separate upstream / other
38 information in e.g a References: field that can be used for other bugs
39 and descriptions (including security advisories etc). If so (c) is there
40 a benefit in using a full URI for Bug; or should this be reduced to only
41 the number, (d) How should multiple bugs be added, is this a comma or
42 space separated list, or multiple Bug listings with single bug number?
43 (I, personally, prefer the latter as it removes parsing semantics
44 regarding potential linebreaks and max widths, so multiple Bug is likely
45 needed anyways, so simplifying it to only one number seems like a good
46 thing)
47
48 For the other tags it seems like it is starting to start to be
49 consistent now, in particular with regards to earlier overloading of
50 same names for multiple purposes (e.g fixes), so thanks for that.
51
52 I'll have to review it more carefully when having some Gentoo time at home.
55 Kristian Fiskerstrand
56 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
57 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3