From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] OpenPGP Authority Keys to provide validity of developer/service keys
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 05:24:10
1 On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 09:40:21AM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Therefore, I would like to propose creating two layers of Authority
3 > Keys: L1 and L2. The L1 key would be protected strongly and used only
4 > to sign L2 key. The L2 key would be used to sign actual keys.
5
6 Good idea. DNSSEC uses a similar method with KSK (key signing keys) and
7 ZSK (zone signing keys).
8
9 > Your comments? Anything I've missed?
10
11 Problems usually arise when doing key rollovers. Good automation and
12 lots of testing would be prudent before going live.
15 Eray