From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-05-12
Date: Sat, 04 May 2019 14:49:25
1 >>>>> On Mon, 29 Apr 2019, Matthias Maier wrote:
2
3 > I request that the council takes action and writes an e-mail to
4 > register the /EFI/Gentoo namespace as outlined here:
5
6 > https://uefi.org/registry
7
8 > Rationale: We recommend to use /EFI/Gentoo at least for the grub
9 > installation [1]. Furthermore, a sizable number of Linux distributions
10 > as well as FreeBSD have already registered.
11
12 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2
13
14 Shouldn't that be /EFI/gentoo with lowercase "g"? At least that's what
15 the wiki page says (and file names in vfat are case sensitive).
16
17 Ulrich