From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] CoC change to encourage clear communication
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 09:58:50
1 On Wed, 2020-12-16 at 09:23 +0000, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > I can certainly appreciate the benefits of this as I just haven't had
3 > the time to read most of the recent... uh... discussions. However, the
4 > idea of enforcing something like this doesn't bear thinking about. It
5 > reminds me way too much of 1984's Newspeak. If we're not going to
6 > enforce it then there seems little point in including it. The most
7 > verbose posters are unlikely to cut down just because we asked them
8 > nicely.
9
10 https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct
11
12 The debian code of conduct has a section called "Try to be concise".
13 Would you really consider the Debian CoC Newspeak?