From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] [Bugzilla] IP-based limits
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:58:55
1 Bugzilla now has connection limits per IP. I won't say what the limit is,
2 but if you are crawling bugzilla or using automated tools from a single
3 source IP you may hit the limit and receive 503's for requests over the
4 limit.
5
6 This may be a particular problem for users behind things like carrier grade
7 NAT (where many users are multiplexed through a single egress IP.) However
8 we have seen numerous slowdowns from bot traffic and this is a relatively
9 straightforward change to make on our end. If you believe you are being
10 unfairly limited / blocked, please reach out to infra@g.o.
11
12 Thanks,
13