From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: moving API-related DTDs into api.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:52:28
1 On 3/24/15 at 10:37 AM, Michał Górny wote:
2 > […]
3 > - metadata.dtd -- since it's used by different repositories and not
4 > really www.gentoo.org sites. It would be better if it had permanent
5 > api.gentoo.org URI for apps to fetch.
6
7 But neither has it really something to do with a file on api.g.o.
8 Its current URL on gentoo.org is just as permanent (even more so if it
9 isn't moved).
10 I fail to see the actual gain in moving it.
13 > - mirrors.dtd -- used for mirror XML files stored in api.gentoo.org,
14
15 ...and on the main website still.
18 > - repositories.dtd -- used for repository XML files stored in a.g.o.
21 That is the one fitting addition from your examples.
22
23 > And we should move more DTD as soon as respective XML files are moved
24 > to api.gentoo.org.
25
26 Quickly looking through the current DTDs, none belong to any files or
27 services that should be moving to the api site, except maybe glsa.dtd,
28 but that has its own site now anyway.
31 > Thoughts?
34 Taking into account that not everything belonging to these DTDs is on
35 api.g.o, we would be even hurting permanence of the URLs by moving them,
36 and the overall lack of a clear gain, I'd keep them on gentoo.org in one
37 central DTD location, i.e. the current gentoo.org/dtd/.
38
39 That being said, I'm all for having a separate git hosting them.