From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] proposal for reducing of cross-posting
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 15:02:09
1 On 30.10.2012 17.41, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I would like to propose the two following things:
5 > 1) to stop cross-posting between gentoo-dev and gentoo-dev-announce.
6 > gentoo-dev-announce has reply-to gentoo-dev, I see no reason for
7 > cross-posting.
8 > 2) to stop cross-posting for council announcements between
9 > gentoo-dev-announce and gentoo-project, and instead to post them only
10 > in gentoo-dev-announce and not use gentoo-project for council at all,
11 > because they are mails regarding technical issues, while
12 > gentoo-project is a list decidated to non-technical discussions.
13 > Opinions?
16 1) I get my email in separate folders for the two so it's nice to have
17 the full thread in each folder
18
19 2) The current rule already is that the actual technical discussion is
20 on gentoo-dev and gentoo-project is just for submitting the agenda.
21 Granted this is not the simplest rule.
22
23 I think you already decided to solve a good problem if some things are
24 posted to many non announce mailing lists so thanks for that.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri