From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-05-13
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 22:02:44
1 On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Paweł Hajdan, Jr. <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 02/05/2018 23:11, Raymond Jennings wrote:
3 >> My goal is to highlight any possible lack of needed resources in this area.
4 >>
5 >> I, as a user, have noticed very slow response times on dealing with
6 >> games bugs, and I was curious if added attention would highlight any
7 >> deficiencies.
8 >>
9 >> Also, I was curious if I was the only user having trouble in this area.
10 >>
11 >> I deduced that the audit I mentioned would shed light on the situation.
12 >
13 > Just got a thought: is this type of thing for a Council meeting agenda,
14 > or just something we (you?) could do on the mailing list?
15
16 I honestly don't know.
17
18 I guess it could also be said that that itself was one of the
19 questions I could raise on the issue.
20
21 > Maybe games herd should get added to
22 > <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs>.
23
24 That actually sounds like a good idea.
25
26 > Would you be interested in contributing some fixes, possibly via the
27 > proxy maintainership?
28
29 Yes, I am.
30
31 My status with proxy maintainers is a bit to be desired though (not
32 sure if I should go into anything beyond that)
33
34 > I'm not sure we need to involve the Council unless there's say pushback
35 > from the games team or any such issue (I believe there was one not that
36 > long ago, although I don't know how much did the situation change for
37 > users and in what direction). Of course decision is not mine, just
38 > wanted to share an opinion.
39
40 I am aware that a bug was filed against the games group itself in
41 relation to possible defiance of QA rules at one point. I forget how
42 long ago, but I believe it was related to the deprecation of the games
43 eclass.
44
45 In general:
46
47 Mostly I was curious if there was in fact a problem, and I figured an
48 audit would shed light on that hypothetical.
49
50 > Paweł
51 >