From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting and schedule
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:11:54
1 I'm summing up all GLEP 39 topics in order to prepare the upcoming
2 council meeting. Here is what should be discussed concerning this
3 topic:
4
5 - Vote on topics, write the final text, vote on final text? Or write
6 the final text and vote once only? Or write the final text in
7 independent bits, vote on each bit, assemble those that get voted for
8 untouched in order to create the final text which then doesn't need to
9 get voted on?
10
11 - Get this done before nominations for next term? Before voting for
12 next term? Can we push back a little the council election? If we
13 decide we want to delay the election by say 2 weeks, do we need to get
14 an OK from somebody? The trustees? The election project? Vote from
15 council?
16
17 - Voting on forum or use our traditional condorcet method?
18
19 - Duration for voting period? The usual 2 weeks comes to mind but
20 what if we vote twice? Note that preparing the vote each time takes at
21 the very least 1 week (writing all the choices for the first one,
22 writing the final text for the second one) and 2 weeks would be more
23 comfortable.
24
25 Denis.