From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Haelwenn \\(lanodan\\) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-07-21
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 07:39:27
1 >>>>> On Tue, 09 Jul 2019, Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier wrote:
2
3 > Not sure if as a non-developer I can call for an agenda item but as it
4 > has been in other threads by developers I think there should be a
5 > removal of the "legal name"[1] part of GLEP-76.
6
7 > It's been driving at least two active contributors away, with a least
8 > one other person having their name outed, which is a seriously bad
9 > flag. (I don't have the link right now to it but could find it at a
10 > later time. And I think it would be better to not send it publicly
11 > anyway)
12
13 Contributors will need proxy committers in any case, who can then
14 signoff the commit with their real name. This has explicitly been
15 clarified in the meeting when GLEP 76 was accepted [1]:
16
17 | - Pseudonymous / anonymous contributions would have to be proxied to
18 | ::gentoo by a committer with real name.
19
20 So, we can discuss your item, but I don't think that it raises anything
21 new that hasn't been addressed in [2].
22
23 > [...]
24
25 > 1: Which is very vague as depending on the jurisdiction you can quite
26 > easily change your name either with a bit of money for the paperwork
27 > or having testimony from people that they know you under this name.
28
29 Right, but if your government issues a passport with that name, it isn't
30 up to us to question it.
31
32 Ulrich
33