From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Portage repo usage survey and change evaluation
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 06:11:49
1 http://goo.gl/forms/5riWkN8VMK
2
3 I've put together a quick survey about a number of potential changes to
4 the rsync distribution that have been bike-shedded about in various IRC
5 channels and the mailing lists for some time now.
6
7 Questions:
8 (answer them on the query, input via email will not be considered or
9 bikeshedded).
10 - do you use changelogs
11 - (rsync) exclude changelogs to save local disk space
12 - (rsync) order of changelog entries?
13 - Augment/replace rsync with git repo that has thick-Manifests, changelogs, metadata
16 I'll report the results not sooner than 2 weeks from now, but I might
17 put together some intermediate results if I see anything interesting
18 happening.
19
20 P.S. For the crowd that wants to claim I'm depending on some non-open
21 infrastructure, I'm not going to go through all of the hoops to set up
22 some open source questionnaire infrastructure at this point. If don't
23 like that fact that I've used Google, simply don't answer the survey,
24 and feel free to complain about any results that I do end up collecting.
27 Robin Hugh Johnson
28 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee
29 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85