From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Are we participating in Season of Docs?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 06:11:58
1 On Mon, 2019-03-25 at 00:26 +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 07:05:02 +0100 Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I've been made aware that Google is launching a new program called
8 > > Season of Docs [1]. This seems like an opportunity to improve decaying
9 > > Gentoo documentation.
10 >
11 > Thanks for bringing this subject up.
12 >
13 > > I haven't been able to find any mention of it throughout gentoo.org.
14 > > Are we interested in participating? Do we have an org admin already,
15 > > or anyone willing to do the needful?
16 >
17 > I'm not aware of any activity yet.
18 >
19 > It should not be hard to setup organization details, because GSoC
20 > application [1] may be reused. For financial details (likely for a
21 > Payoneer account) current GSoC admins (alicef and lu_zero) may be
22 > contacted, or trustees of course.
23 >
24 > In my opinion more important problem is what exact project ideas do
25 > we have? We'll need to have a list of those before the organization
26 > application deadline as well as some people ready to be mentors.
27
28 I suppose we should make a wiki page like for GSoC, and let people write
29 down their ideas there.
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny