From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Fwd: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins can be nominated as a trustee
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:30:13
1 What follows below is a private email between Daniel Robbins and myself back
2 in 2008. It stemmed from a thread started on the Gentoo -nfp mailing list.
3
4 On other lists I was supportive of Daniel Robbins return. Failure to embrace
5 him in a community he started resulted in the creation of Funtoo. About a year
6 or so after the creation of Exherboo.
7
8 2007-2008 was not the best years for Gentoo, and allot that started then
9 effected the project is serious ways.
10
11 Like it or not, I assume most would not. Gentoo needs serious leadership, and
12 I would be for bringing back Daniel and letting him play out some ideas with a
13 project he started.
14
15 Where would Android be without Google? Seriously lots of articles research and
16 read lots of very good points even though Android has some serious issues
17 still.
18
19 Where would the Linux Kernel be without Linus and Alan Cox?
20
21 It is also interesting as a fan of Democracy, it is not the perfect solution.
22 No military is run as a Democracy for good reason. Most any organization has a
23 structured head, even democratic ones. I am not sure this structural
24 experiment with Gentoo has ever worked out and it was clearly never intended
25 to be such.
26
27 Now form Daniel himself....
28
29 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
30
31 Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins can be nominated as a trustee
32 Date: Thursday, January 31, 2008, 1:38:28 PM EDT
33 From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
34 To: William L. Thomson Jr. <wltjr@g.o>
35