From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: copyright attribution clarifications
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:25:37
1 On 2018-11-15 16:51, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > [...] That result came back that the contributions now require the SIE
3 > attribution.
4 >
5 > Why is that so hard to understand...
6
7 We understand that. But our problem is that we don't buy the argument "X
8 requires Foo". We need something more. Now it looks like an arbitrary
9 request.
10
11 Maybe someone contributing to Gentoo will start working for a company
12 which will require short disclaimer or HTTP link, ASCII art style
13 notation... are we going to allow any of that just because someone says
14 "My company requires that kind of attribution"?
18 Regards,
19 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
20 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5